What You'll Learn
- Understand the benefits of conventional and renewable energy systems; issues surrounding new transportation technologies; energy intensity of food production; effects of supply chain management and international commerce in energy security, energy management in buildings; and mechanisms needed to evolve into sustainable energy operations.
- Implement sustainability management at the nexus of a local business, local government, and community, as well as use management systems and performance frameworks.
- Leverage your knowledge of focused subject areas—such as environmental economics, greenhouse emissions management, sustainable building design, sustainable supply chain management, environmental toxicology, or risk management—to achieve a specific objective.
You and your peers will gain insight into critical environmental factors affecting air, water, climate, and ecosystems.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the five certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Sustainability requires five courses:
- Environmental Management (ENVR E-101)
- Certificate core courses (choose at least 2 courses; may select up to 4 courses)
- Certificate electives (may select up to 2 courses; however, electives are not required for this certificate)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Scroll through the search filters to “Courses in a Graduate Certificate.”
- Choose “Sustainability Certificate” to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2021–22 rate)||$2,980 per 4-credit course ($745 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$14,900|