What You'll Learn
- Understanding of the frameworks and methods through which to understand religion in different cultures, time periods, and societies.
- Developing an understanding on how to read and interpret religious texts, artistic expressions, and ritual performances
- Surveying the powerful roles that charismatic individuals and traditional institutions have played in social organization, rapid social change, cultural transformation, and globalization in the modern world.
- Examining the intersection of religious history, philosophy, culture, and lifestyle.
Our Community at a Glance
Together with your peers, you will build knowledge to enhance your contextual understanding of the religious dimensions in human history and culture.
Applied Certificate to ALM Degree
Would Recommend Certificate
Pursued Certificate for Personal Interest
The liberal arts graduate certificate in Religions of the World requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Religions of the World certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Search for Courses
You can browse courses by term — fall, spring, or summer — in the DCE Course Search & Registration platform.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
Learn more about pursuing a certificate and the process of requesting your certificate.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|