What You'll Learn
- Understanding of the frameworks and methods through which to understand religion in different cultures, time periods, and societies.
- Developing an understanding on how to read and interpret religious texts, artistic expressions, and ritual performances
- Surveying the powerful roles that charismatic individuals and traditional institutions have played in social organization, rapid social change, cultural transformation, and globalization in the modern world.
- Examining the intersection of religious history, philosophy, culture, and lifestyle.
Our Community at a Glance
Together with your peers, you will build knowledge to enhance your contextual understanding of the religious dimensions in human history and culture.
Applied Certificate to ALM Degree
Would Recommend Certificate
Pursued Certificate for Personal Interest
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate certificate in Religions of the World requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Religions of the World certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Religions of the World Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|