What You'll Learn
- Understand and apply the economics of population growth, poverty and income distribution, market failures, economic valuation, economic incentive instruments, food and water resources, international agricultural markets, fisheries, and wildlife conservation.
- Evaluate environmental ethics of game and wildlife management, natural resource use, water management, biological diversity, fisheries, ocean protection, and agricultural production.
- Leverage scientific research, communication, and modeling techniques, including statistical analysis of ecological and environmental data, and systems dynamics modeling.
- Strategically examine issues related to climate change, human population dynamics, population viability analysis of endangered species, and economic appraisal of projects that affect natural resource.
Our Community at a Glance
In this program, you will learn to evaluate and design practices, technologies, and systems that bring sustainable solutions to communities and organizations.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Ecosystems requires four courses:
- Certificate core courses (choose at least 2 courses; you may select up to 4 courses)
- Certificate electives (formerly knowledge courses) (you may select up to 2 courses; however, elective courses are not required for this certificate)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration Platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Natural Resource Management and Sustainable Ecosystems Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|