What You'll Learn
- An understanding of international conflict and cooperation.
- Insight into various regional and international political institutions and systems and their impact on governance and diplomacy.
- Deepened knowledge in focused topic areas, such as international political economy, foreign policy, human rights, and geopolitics.
Our Community at a Glance
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold.
We’ve designed our certificates and degrees to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Applied Certificate to ALM Degree
Working Full Time
Would Recommend Certificate
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate certificate in International Relations requires four courses.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search:
- International Relations course (choose one course from this group)
- Electives (choose any three courses from this group)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration Platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose International Relations Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|