What You'll Learn
- Develop mathematics teacher content knowledge, pedagogical content knowledge, and teacher leadership skills
- Design and implement programs that address dynamic school situations
- Facilitate research-based frameworks for teacher leadership development that promote collaborative and system-based approaches for timely, relevant, data-informed, and sustainable mathematics education improvement
- Acquire strategies to support math teacher identity development and capacity building to drive school improvement efforts in mathematics teaching, learning, and school culture
- Understand the multiple pathways and entry points to teacher leadership development, both formal and informal, through engagement of strategies and activities tied to teacher practices
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
A minimum of three years of teaching in a secondary mathematics classroom is assumed. This graduate certificate is not appropriate for those without teaching experience.
The professional graduate certificate in Math Leadership requires four courses. You must choose one course from each the following course groups, using the certificate course search:
- Mathematical Foundations
- Math Theory
- Math Pedagogy
- Math Leadership
Courses taken before the 2019-2020 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$2,900 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,000|