What You'll Learn
- Learn the fundamentals of journalism, including interviewing, reporting, and crafting a narrative.
- Gain an understanding of trends such as photojournalism, media mashups, freelancing, and journalistic branding.
- Develop technical skills for the development and dissemination of content for digital production, including photography, video production, audio recording, and visualizations.
- Uncover new ways of telling stories via social media, podcasting, and other digital platforms.
Our Community at a Glance
Students discover new methods of research, writing, editing, and digital technologies with peers and faculty from around the world.
Received a Promotion or Added Responsibilities While Pursuing
Working Full Time
Wanted to Deepen Their Knowledge to Advance Career
Would Recommend the Certificate
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in digital storytelling requires four 4-credit courses, or 16 credits.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search.
- Journalism (choose two courses from select group)
- Digital Communication (choose two courses from select group)
Courses taken before the 2018-2019 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Digital Storytelling Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|