What You'll Learn
- Master key facets of data investigation, including data wrangling, cleaning, sampling, management, exploratory analysis, regression and classification, prediction, and data communication.
- Implement foundational concepts of data computation, such as data structure, algorithms, parallel computing, simulation, and analysis.
- Leverage your knowledge of key subject areas, such as game theory, statistical quality control, exponential smoothing, seasonally adjusted trend analysis, or data visualization.
Our Community at a Glance
Students learn the latest in data analysis, innovation, and research with hands-on learning and top-tier instructors.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Complete in Under the Average of 3 Years
The professional graduate certificate in Data Science requires four courses:
- One statistics course (choose one from select group)
- Two electives (choose any two courses from select group)
- One core data science course (choose one from select group)
Determine the course progression that is right for you using our recommended course paths.
Prior knowledge in statistics and basic programming is recommended for this certificate. If you do not have a strong background in statistics, start with an introductory statistics course, such as STAT E-100 before beginning this certificate.
The Data Science Certificate will be difficult for students with no prior knowledge of Python. If you do not have a background in programming, you should consider first taking CSCI E-7. You may wish to consider our Programming Certificate.
Search for Courses
You can browse courses by term — fall, spring, or summer — in the DCE Course Search & Registration platform.
Earning Your Certificate
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2023–24 rate)||$3,220 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,880|