Why Choose the Premedical Program?
- You have an undergraduate degree but need to complete some or all premedical coursework before applying to medical, dental or veterinary school.
- You are looking to study part-time, in evening courses on the Harvard campus.
- You need flexible, affordable, yet rigorous coursework that prepares you for medical, dental, or veterinary school and demonstrates your competency to admissions committees.
- You are seeking a program that has a strong placement record. See a list of schools our program candidates have been admitted to recently.
Benefits of Our Premed Program
- An individualized premedical program between 20-32 credits assigned to you at admission. This assignment is based on your undergraduate GPA and prior experience in the sciences, and reflects what we believe will be required to make you a competitive applicant to medical, dental, or veterinary school.
- Affordability, which is core to our mission. A 2021-2022 four-credit undergraduate course costs $1,920 ($480 per credit).
- Advising throughout the program and specifically as you prepare your medical school application.
- An orientation at the outset of the program that includes: clinicians from Harvard Medical School (HMS); core Harvard Extension faculty; representative HMS Admissions, and interactive sessions with fellow students.
- Live monthly clinician interactions to learn from experts in the field of health care.
- Sponsorship, which includes a composite letter of recommendation and a personal assessment.
- Harvard University ID card, which grants you access to the Harvard library system and many on-campus resources, such as athletic services.
- The option to participate in research with a faculty member through our Faculty Aide Program
- The ability to utilize Harvard’s Office of Career Services for general career advice and job/internship searches.
- Access to federal financial aid.
- Membership in the Harvard Alumni Association upon completion of the program.
- Discounted access to Harvard Medical School’s HMX online courses upon program completion to help ensure a successful first year in medical school.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident who has earned a bachelor’s degree, you are invited to apply.