Why Choose the Premedical Program?
- You have an undergraduate degree but need to complete some or all premedical coursework before applying to medical, dental or veterinary school.
- You are looking to study part-time, in evening courses on the Harvard campus.
- You need flexible, affordable, yet rigorous coursework that prepares you for medical, dental, or veterinary school and demonstrates your competency to admissions committees.
- You are seeking a program that has a strong placement record. See a list of schools our program candidates have been admitted to recently.
Benefits of Our Premed Program
- A personalized premedical program geared to your specific needs. Upon admission, you’ll be assigned an individualized credit requirement between 20-32 credits. This credit assignment reflects what we believe will be required to make you the most competitive applicant.
- Affordability, which is core to our mission. A 2021-2022 four-credit undergraduate course costs $1,920 ($480 per credit).
- Individualized advising throughout the program, such as, recommendations on course selection, evaluation of your application essay, and guidance through the application process (e.g., MCAT/DAT timing and acquiring letters of recommendation).
- An orientation at the outset of the program with clinicians from Harvard Medical School (HMS), core Harvard Extension faculty, a representative from HMS Admissions, and interactive sessions with fellow students.
- Live monthly clinician interactions to learn from experts in the field of health care.
- Sponsorship, which includes a composite letter of recommendation and a personal assessment.
- Harvard University ID card, which grants you access to the Harvard library system and many on-campus resources, such as athletic services.
- The option to participate in research with a faculty member through our Faculty Aide Program
- The ability to utilize Harvard’s Office of Career Services for general career advice and job/internship searches.
- Access to federal financial aid.
- Membership in the Harvard Alumni Association upon completion of the program.
- Discounted access to Harvard Medical School’s HMX online courses upon program completion to help ensure a successful first year in medical school.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident who has earned a bachelor’s degree, you are invited to apply.