Why Choose the Premedical Program?
- You have an undergraduate degree but need to complete some or all premedical coursework before applying to medical, dental or veterinary school.
- You are looking to study part-time, in evening courses on the Harvard campus.
- You need flexible, affordable, yet rigorous coursework that prepares you for medical, dental, or veterinary school and demonstrates your competency to admissions committees.
- You are seeking a program that has a strong placement record. See a list of schools our program candidates have been admitted to recently.
Benefits of Our Premed Program
- A personalized premedical program geared to your specific needs. Upon admission, you’ll be assigned an individualized credit requirement between 20-32 credits. This credit assignment reflects what we believe will be required to make you the most competitive applicant.
- Affordability, which is core to our mission. A 2021-2022 four-credit undergraduate course costs $1,920 ($480 per credit).
- Individualized advising throughout the program, such as, recommendations on course selection, evaluation of your application essay, and guidance through the application process (e.g., MCAT/DAT timing and acquiring letters of recommendation).
- An orientation at the outset of the program with clinicians from Harvard Medical School (HMS), core Harvard Extension faculty, a representative from HMS Admissions, and interactive sessions with fellow students.
- Live monthly clinician interactions to learn from experts in the field of health care.
- Sponsorship, which includes a composite letter of recommendation and a personal assessment.
- Harvard University ID card, which grants you access to the Harvard library system and many on-campus resources, such as athletic services.
- The option to participate in research with a faculty member through our Faculty Aide Program
- The ability to utilize Harvard’s Office of Career Services for general career advice and job/internship searches.
- Access to federal financial aid.
- Membership in the Harvard Alumni Association upon completion of the program.
- Discounted access to Harvard Medical School’s HMX online courses upon program completion to help ensure a successful first year in medical school.
To find core and elective medical science courses, use DCE Course Search and Registration. Scroll through the search filters to “Courses in Premedical Program.” Click on the Premedical Program button; choose Explore Program.
If you are a US citizen or permanent resident who has earned a bachelor’s degree, you are invited to apply.