What You'll Learn
- Enhanced ability to formulate and ask questions, engage in constructive conversation, and develop arguments.
- Understanding of the inquiries that occur in ethical debate, research, academic writing, and thinking.
- Knowledge of philosophical ideas and application to real-life issues, such as medical ethics, the environment, and science.
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold. We’ve designed our courses and certificates to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Pursued Certificate for Personal Interest
Would Recommend Certificate
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate in Philosophy and Ethics certificate requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Philosophy and Ethics certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$2,900 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,000|