What You'll Learn
- Insight on essential frameworks and methodologies by which to understand, critique, and appreciate art.
- Understanding of art in its cultural, political, philosophical, and historical context.
- Deepened knowledge in focused topic areas, such as art history since World War II, Buddhist and Japanese artistic traditions, religion and the arts, and contemporary Latin American film.
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold.
We’ve designed our courses and certificates to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Would Recommend Certificate
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the three certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate certificate in Visual Arts requires three courses.
You may choose any three courses from the Visual Arts certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2021–22 rate)||$2,980 per 4-credit course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$8,940|