What You'll Learn
- Learn to select, apply, and interpret appropriate statistical analyses and data mining methods for real-world data problems.
- Master programming skills for business analytics. Gain basic skills with information management tools and cloud databases to store, analyze, and extract business-relevant information.
- Use data visualization to understand and communicate data analyses and report data findings effectively to diverse audiences.
- Apply your knowledge and skills to real-world business challenges in advertising, sports, health, media and emerging technologies.
Along with your diverse peers, you’ll develop the skills to discover new insights that solve challenges for your organization.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
Introductory statistics and knowledge of R, equivalent to CSCI E-5A Introduction to R, recommended. Some courses require calculus and linear algebra. Business experience is a plus.
Students who have a solid foundation in statistics may take an additional data analytics elective (for a total of three) in place of the introductory course option. Students with limited statistical background should begin with an introductory course.
The professional graduate certificate in data analytics requires four courses or 16 credits.
You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search.
- Introductory course (you may select up to 1 course; however, intro courses are not required for this certificate)
- Required statistics course (choose one course from select group)
- Certificate elective courses (choose 2-3 courses from select group)
Courses taken before the 2018-2019 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$2,900 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$35,000|