What You'll Learn
- Analyze the science of climate change, social adaptation of human communities, and diplomacy efforts born out of the Framework Convention on Climate Change.
- Navigate environmental policy, regulation, and legislation, including major environmental statutes as well as common and constitutional laws within the United States.
- Leverage tools for developing sustainable economies, such as economic valuation, value chain, and cost benefit analysis.
- Lead effectively in a variety of organizational contexts using change management principles.
Our Community at a Glance
Join a community of change agents.
You’ll meet peers who hold roles like sustainability manager, consultant, or analyst at NGOs, Fortune 500 companies, and government agencies.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Environmental Policy and International Development requires four courses:
- Certificate core courses (choose at least 2 courses; you may select up to 4 courses)
- Certificate electives (you may select up to 2 courses; however, elective courses are not required for this certificate)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Environmental Policy and International Development Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|