What You'll Learn
- Build an understanding of data network device and communications technology, architecture, and management.
- Develop knowledge of technical and organizational information security risks and communication tactics to mitigate these risks for both traditional and cloud-based environments.
- Learn to develop and articulate effective enterprise information security policies that address internal and external national and international threats.
- Gain insight into the strategies and protocols needed to secure and monitor computer networks in global organizations.
Our Community at a Glance
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold.
We’ve designed our certificates to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
To be successful in this certificate, students should be comfortable with technology and technical terms as well as reading and writing technical documents. Additionally, students should have the ability to think logically and be able to analyze complex problems to determine their constituent parts.
The professional graduate certificate in Cybersecurity requires four courses:
- 2 core courses
- 2 certificate electives
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the spring, summer, or fall. See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Cybersecurity Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|