What You'll Learn
- Understand principles and methods of idea generation and development, such as design thinking, systems thinking, and cultivating creativity.
- Develop knowledge and skills to foster and manage an organization or group culture of innovation and entrepreneurship/intrapreneurship.
- Gain an understanding of business frameworks and models and connect innovation and entrepreneurial initiatives to organization objectives and goals.
- Gain fluency in how to communicate, finance, or market a new idea, product, or initiative.
Our Community at a Glance
Join a diverse group of peers to develop innovative and cutting-edge products and businesses.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Innovation & Entrepreneurship requires four courses:
- Creativity and innovation course (choose one course from select group)
- Business models and frameworks course (choose one course from select group)
- Entrepreneurship: tools and skills course (choose one course from select group)
- Application of knowledge and skills course (choose one course from select group)
Recommended Course Path: We recommend completing the required courses in the order presented above, when possible.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration Platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Innovation and Entrepreneurship Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|
I knew that a Harvard education would challenge my curiosity and stretch my mind in a way that opened me up to endless possibilities!