What You'll Learn
- Foundational instructional design theories, frameworks, and application to develop learning experiences for digital platforms, including project-planning, content expertise, communication, writing, and technology.
- Understanding of pertinent technology, programs, and methods, including interactive media, video, editing, digital design, and digital narrative.
- Knowledge in focused topic areas, such as website development, web programming, and content management systems site development.
Along with your peers, you will gain the skills you need to develop or enhance a career in K–12 education, higher education, corporate training, nonprofit education, museums, or related organizations.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Learning Design and Technology requires four courses:
- Foundations course (choose one course from select group)
- Technology for Education course (choose one course from select group)
- Elective course (choose one course from select group)
- Application of knowledge and skills course (choose one course from select group; this is your final certificate course)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration Platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Learning Design and Technology Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|