What You'll Learn
- Enhance your knowledge of the tools and analysis methods used in business, finance, and the economy through accounting, finance, and economics.
- Learn the accounting principles required for informed managerial decisions, such as cost terminology, cost behavior, cost systems, activity-based costing, budgeting, cost-volume-profit analysis, cost estimating, variance analysis, and responsibility accounting.
- Develop knowledge of the agents, instruments, and institutions that make up the financial system of the modern economy, such as bonds, the stock market, derivatives, and the money market.
- Develop an understanding of economic principles and methods, such as microeconomic theory, market theory, optimization, bargaining theory, externalities, and how they apply to business and the economy.
- Gain expertise in a focused topic area, such as capital markets and investments, investment banking, valuation, risk management, and nonprofit financial management.
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold.
We’ve designed our certificates and degrees to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Principles of Finance requires four courses:
- Finance course (choose one course from select group)
- Accounting course (choose one course from select group)
- Economics course (choose one course from select group)
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2021–22 rate)||$2,980 per 4-credit course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$11,920|