What You'll Learn
- Insight on various investment opportunities through an understanding of land uses; the forces that drive property values; the life cycles of buildings and neighborhoods; how cities develop and change over time, and the real estate cycle.
- Hands-on experience creating financial models, analyzing cash flows, determining values, and measuring economic returns of real estate investments.
- Understanding of investment capital through a variety of debt and equity partnership structures.
- Knowledge of the tools of investment strategy, decision-making, risk mitigation, and enterprise management.
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold. We’ve designed our courses and certificates to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Real Estate Investment requires four courses:
- Principles of Real Estate (required course)
- Real Estate Finance and Investment (required course)
- Real Estate Enterprise Management (required course)
- Electives (choose one course from select group)
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Scroll through the search filters to “Courses in a Graduate Certificate.”
- Choose “Real Estate Investment Certificate” to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2021–22 rate)||$2,980 per 4-credit course ($745 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$11,920|