Course registration is a multi-step process that supports your educational journey at Harvard Extension School and the Division of Continuing Education (DCE). We encourage you to review the information below as early as possible, as some requirements must be met before you can register for courses.
Fall term registration is open from July 26 to August 26.
Spring term registration is open from November 8 to January 20.
Summer term registration for 2021 is now closed.
In the meantime, start browsing your options.
How To Register
- Create your MyDCE student account and be ready to meet registration requirements and provide necessary information prior to the start of registration.
- Review course descriptions, enrollment policies, and important deadlines. Meet any requirements that apply to you.
- Complete Pre-Registration. Pre-registration is available in MyDCE the week before registration opens each term. From your MyDCE student dashboard, select “Pre-register Now” in the “Pre-Registration” box. You must complete pre-registration before you can register for courses each term.
- Register for courses. Select “Course Registration” at the end of pre-registration or from the quick link menu on your student dashboard. You will be directed to our Online Services system to add courses and submit your course registration. You must register by the registration deadline each term. Late registration is not permitted.
- Watch for emails from the Extension School with additional information and updates.
We encourage you to review these requirements and other enrollment policies before registration opens
You must be at least 15 years old at the time of registration to register for undergraduate credit or noncredit, and at least 18 years old to register for graduate credit.
You must pay your balance in full by the payment deadline. If you do not, you risk being dropped from all courses and waitlists. If you are dropped for non-payment, you still remain eligible to register for courses until registration ends. However, there is no guarantee space will still be available in the courses or on the waitlists from which you were dropped.
If you register for courses after the payment deadline, you must pay in full immediately. Otherwise, you risk being dropped from all courses and waitlists.
Your Registration Confirmation
After you register, you will receive a confirmation by email. Carry this with you when you are on the Harvard campus. For security reasons, you may be asked to present your confirmation with a government-issued photo ID for admission to certain classrooms in the Science Center, Longwood Medical area, and other buildings and areas on the Harvard campus. You may also print a copy of your registration schedule from MyDCE.