What You'll Learn
- Build knowledge in timely topics in the life sciences, such as biomedical product development, clinical trial research, tissue engineering, nanotechnology, targeted drug delivery, monoclonal antibodies, and biomaterials.
- Develop an understanding of foundational business topics necessary for success in biotechnology management, such as leadership, project management, strategy, risk, entrepreneurship, marketing, and finance.
- Gain insight into life science industry practice, including experimental or case study design, scientific data analysis, writing and communication, ethical practices, and effective collaboration.
- Understand the strategies for research and development management, business maintenance and expansion, licensing, generic versus brand-name proprietary drug business, mergers and acquisitions, and entrepreneurship within the biotechnology and biopharma industries.
Our Community at a Glance
Join a community of biotechnology management faculty and peers and gain the skills to advance your career.
Pursued Certificate to Deepen Expertise or Advance Career
Working Full Time
Applied Certificate to ALM Degree
Would Recommend Certificate
The professional graduate certificate in Biotechnology Management requires four courses:
- Biotechnology course (choose one course from select group)
- Management course (choose one course from select group)
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
- Application of knowledge and skills course (choose one course from select group)
Search for Courses
You can browse courses by term — fall, spring, or summer — in the DCE Course Search & Registration platform.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
Learn more about pursuing a certificate and the process of requesting your certificate.
I leave not only with a master’s degree and certificate, but also a business plan and the knowledge, experiences, and resources that allow me to take this idea I had and turn it into something that can help others.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|