What You'll Learn
- Focus in an area of human behavior such as neuropsychology, clinical psychology, or developmental psychology
- Understand human behavior through the lens of psychology with application to clinical, educational, business, or social settings
- Use theories of human behavior to explore motivation, prejudice, emotion, personality, or illnesses
- Gain insight into inter- and intra-personal thought processes and their effects on social behaviors
- Understand evidence-based treatments for illnesses such as anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder, or other psychiatric disorders
- Explore emerging research in the application of psychology to creativity, resilience, political representation, and self-destructive behaviors.
Earning Your Certificate
Prior introductory coursework in psychology is assumed. Students who do not have this background should start with PSYC 15 Introduction to Psychology. This course will not apply to the certificate, but will prepare you for success in your certificate courses.
Note: This liberal arts certificate is not intended to prepare students for admittance to PhD programs.
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The liberal arts graduate certificate Topics in Human Behavior requires four courses. You may choose from the following course groups, using the certificate course search:
- Foundations in Human Behavior (choose one course from select group)
- Electives (choose three courses from select group)
Courses taken before the 2019-2020 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2021–22 rate)||$2,980 per 4-credit course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$11,920|