What You'll Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of accounting and finance for governmental and nonprofit organizations, such as budgeting, reporting, strategic planning, program analysis, fund accounting, general and revenue funds, and capital project funds.
- Align and strengthen the tenets of nonprofit leadership, including mission statement definition, managerial and financial controls, organizational capacity, fundraising and revenue generation, marketing, volunteer management, governance and board of directors, operations, and sustainability.
- Leverage fundraising principles and practices, such as grant writing, prospect research, development office organization, giving motivations, communications, capital campaigns, and gift planning.
Our Community at a Glance
Going back to school doesn’t have to mean putting your life on hold. We’ve designed our courses and certificates to give you the flexibility to pace your studies to fit your schedule.
Working Full Time
Students Outside the U.S.
Average Time to Complete
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The professional graduate certificate in Nonprofit Management requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Nonprofit Management certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find certificate courses in the DCE Course Search and Registration Platform:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Harvard Extension Degree, Certificate, and Premedical Course Search.
- Select Graduate Certificates.
- Choose Nonprofit Management Graduate Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$3,100 per 4-credit course ($775 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,400|
Nonprofit [management] is a totally different ballgame. I treat my nonprofit, the National Center, as a business. And I think all the things I've learned in the classes at the Extension School have helped me build upon that philosophy.