What You'll Learn
Through the master’s degree in the field of management you:
- Study the core elements of management knowledge and skill, including accounting, organizational behavior, economic theory, finance, marketing, and strategy.
- Develop an advanced understanding of leadership, corporate responsibility, digital media, and business communications, including mediation and negotiation.
- Gain insight into the latest management theories and practices through case studies, instructor lectures, group projects, and active learning experiences.
Your Harvard Degree
Master of Liberal Arts (ALM) in Extension Studies, field: Management.
Our management graduates work in a range of industries including biotechnology, banking, health care, defense, energy, investment & asset management, and more.
Courses Taken Each Semester
Working Full Time
Would Recommend the Program
Professional Experience in the Field
Pursued For Career Advancement
Admission and Getting Started
Here at Harvard Extension, you begin your coursework before you even apply. Why? Because we believe the best way to prove you can succeed in the program is by first succeeding in the classroom.
To get started, you take the following three courses. Earn at least a B in each to qualify for admission.
- 1 microeconomic theory or economics of business course
- 1 organizational behavior course or EXPO 34 Business Rhetoric
- 1 financial or managerial accounting course
Ready to take the next step? Check your admissions eligibility, explore the curriculum, and prepare to enroll in your first course.
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Finding balance was the biggest challenge during my time at Extension. But being able to attend class remotely was a huge help. I was on the road almost every week and was glad I could call in to class from wherever I was.
Cost and Financial Aid
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$2,900 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$35,000|
After admission, you may qualify for financial aid. Typically, eligible students receive grant funds to cover a portion of tuition costs each term, in addition to federal financial aid options.