To apply for financial aid, you will need to submit:
- The online Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The appropriate aid application supplement
- Additional supporting documentation if requested by Student Financial Services
More information can be found on the individual term pages, listed below.
Which FAFSA Should I Complete and Which Tax Year Information Should I Be Using?
|Requesting aid for||Submit this FAFSA||FAFSA availability||Use tax/income information from||Priority deadline for this term|
|Fall 2023||2023-2024||Now Open||2021||June 1, 2023|
|Spring 2024||2023-2024||Now Open||2021||November 1, 2023|
|Summer 2024||2023-2024||Now Open||2021||March 1, 2024|
Financial Aid for 2023–24 Courses
- Step 1: Submit the online 2023-2024 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (enter the Extension School federal code, E00209, in the school section of the FAFSA). Please allow 3-5 business days for processing before proceeding to Step 2.
- Please note: parental information with electronic signature is required for dependent students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) students only: if you do not have a valid Social Security Number, please contact Student Financial Services at firstname.lastname@example.org for further guidance.
- Step 2: Submit the Financial Aid Application Supplement
- The Fall/Spring Aid Supplement is now available in your Financial Aid Portal. From MyDCE, choose the menu option in the top left corner (3 lines next to the shield) and follow the prompts to enter the Financial Aid Portal.
- Step 3: Review your Financial Aid Portal for any outstanding requirements.
- You may be required to verify information you provided on your financial aid application by submitting additional supporting documentation (for example, proof of citizenship or verification worksheet) before your application is considered complete. For this reason, you are encouraged to apply before the priority deadline.
- You may view your application status in the Financial Aid Portal at any time. Student Financial Services will contact you if additional documentation is required.
Requested documentation must be received by Student Financial Services no later than 30 days prior to the last day of a term. If documentation is not received by this deadline, financial aid funds may not be awarded for that term.
The completed application is due:
- June 1 for the fall term
- November 1 for the spring term
Submitting a completed application by the priority deadline allows you to:
- Be considered for institutional aid
- Be notified of your financial aid eligibility prior to the payment deadline for the term
If you submit your completed application after a priority deadline, we will determine your eligibility for federal loans and grants on a rolling basis. You may be considered for institutional aid if funds are still available.
You should receive your financial aid notification within four to six weeks from the priority deadline, or the date when the application is completed, whichever is later.