What You'll Learn
- Build dynamic, database-driven and single-page applications and practice using tools and frameworks such as WordPress, Drupal, Node.js, Laravel, Angular, React, Ember, and Vue.js.
- Gain familiarity with front- and back-end web technologies.
- Learn best practices and tools for website planning, layout, and responsive design.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete three certificate courses for undergraduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
Learn more about pursuing a certificate and the process of requesting your certificate.
The undergraduate certificate in Introduction to Web Development requires three courses:
- Foundations course (choose one course from select group)
- Electives (choose any two courses from select group)
Courses taken before the Fall 2020 semester do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Undergraduate Certificates.
- Choose Undergraduate Introduction to Web Development Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$1,980 per 4-credit course ($495 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$2,738 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$5,940|