What You'll Learn
- Build a foundation in computer science and the art of programming through use of algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, and software engineering.
- Learn to design, code, debug, and document programs.
- Gain knowledge of fundamental data structures for information processing, including lists, stacks, queues, trees, and graphs.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Choose a preferred course path from the CSCI E-50 track or CSCI E-10AB track.
- Complete three certificate courses for undergraduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
This certificate is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge in computer programming and language. You should begin your studies with CSCI E-10A or CSCI E-50, depending on the certificate track you choose.
The undergraduate certificate in coding requires three courses. You may choose one of the following certificate course tracks:
CSCI E-50 Track
- CSCI E-50 Intensive Introduction to Computer Science
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
CSCI E-10AB Track
- CSCI E-10A Introduction to Computer Science Using Java I
- CSCI E-10B Introduction to Computer Science Using Java II
- CSCI E-22 Data Structures
Courses taken before the Fall 2020 semester do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Undergraduate Certificates.
- Choose Undergraduate Coding Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2023–24 rate)||$2,040 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$2,738 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$6,120|