What You'll Learn
- Build a foundation in computer science and the art of programming through use of algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, and software engineering.
- Learn to design, code, debug, and document programs.
- Gain knowledge of fundamental data structures for information processing, including lists, stacks, queues, trees, and graphs.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Choose a preferred course path from the CSCI E-50 track or CSCI E-10AB track.
- Complete three certificate courses for undergraduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
Learn more about pursuing a certificate and the process of requesting your certificate.
This certificate is designed for students with little or no prior knowledge in computer programming and language. You should begin your studies with CSCI E-10A or CSCI E-50, depending on the certificate track you choose.
The undergraduate certificate in coding requires three courses. You may choose one of the following certificate course tracks:
CSCI E-50 Track
- CSCI E-50 Intensive Introduction to Computer Science
- Elective (choose one course from select group)
CSCI E-10AB Track
- CSCI E-10A Introduction to Computer Science Using Java I
- CSCI E-10B Introduction to Computer Science Using Java II
- CSCI E-22 Data Structures
Courses taken before the Fall 2020 semester do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Search For Courses
To find courses that apply toward the certificate use DCE Course Search and Registration:
- Under Search Classes, scroll to Browse by Degree, Certificate, or Premedical Program.
- Select Undergraduate Certificates.
- Choose Undergraduate Coding Certificate to explore program courses.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2022–23 rate)||$1,980 per 4-credit course ($495 per credit)|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$2,738 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$5,940|