What You'll Learn
This certificate enables you to focus on topics most interesting to you. You might choose to:
- Explore cutting-edge topics in the areas of proteomics, genomics, epigenetics, and immunology.
- Gain insight on the science behind vaccine development, epidemiological principles, and microbes to better understand public health crises.
- Learn the pathophysiology of medical disorders such as diabetes, heart disease, and infertility.
- Understand the role of stem cells in terms of molecular, cellular, and potential therapeutic properties.
- Understand the neuroanatomy of pain, emotions, and psychiatric illnesses.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete the four certificate courses for graduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
- Prior studies in the life sciences (biology and chemistry) at the level of at least BIOS 1A/BIOS 1B and CHEM 1A/CHEM 1B is assumed.
The liberal arts graduate certificate Topics in Biology requires four courses.
You may choose any four courses from the Topics in Biology certificate course group, using the certificate course search.
Courses taken before the 2019-2020 academic year do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$2,900 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$5,476 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$12,000|