What You'll Learn
- Gain confidence in communicating your ideas in professional and academic settings by mastering grammar essentials
- Compose effective written communications—including cover letters, memoranda, proposals, presentations, and reports.
- Apply key communication methods and strategies—such as informational briefings, persuasive messaging, and interviewing—to meet specific objectives.
- Master the techniques of public speaking, including message development, content, projection, inflection, and delivery.
Earning Your Certificate
To meet the requirements for the certificate, you must:
- Complete three certificate courses for undergraduate credit.
- Earn at least a B grade in each course.
- Complete the courses within three years.
The undergraduate certificate in professional communications requires three courses.
You may choose any three courses from the professional communications certificate course group.
Courses taken before the Fall 2020 semester do not apply toward this certificate.
Ready to take the next step?
You can enroll in your first course in the:
See the schedules in the academic calendar.
Affordability is core to our mission. When compared to our continuing education peers, it’s a fraction of the cost.
|Our Tuition (2020–21 rate)||$1,880 per course|
|Average Tuition of Peer Institutions||$2,738 per course|
|Average Total Cost||$5,640|