As a degree candidate, you may pursue an optional focused field of study (similar to a major) and/or up to two minors.
Our fields of study are customizable and easy to design around your specific learning goals.
Fields of Study
|English||Biology||Business administration and management*|
* Due to limited undergraduate credit offerings, you may need to enroll in graduate-level courses to complete field of study requirements.
** Enrollment in Harvard Summer School provides wider selection of undergraduate courses in this field.
To Choose a Field of Study:
- Complete two courses at Harvard in a chosen field with grades of B or higher.
- Submit a field of study proposal form to the Office of ALB Advising and Program Administration.
- Maintain a B grade average in 32 Harvard credits in the field, with all B– grades or higher.
- Fields of study and minors appear on your official transcript.
You can earn up to two minors to complement your undergraduate degree.
To customize your minor, browse the courses that apply by filtering the undergraduate course list by minor. Choose four that meet your learning goals.
You can count a maximum of two courses toward both a field of study and one minor. You cannot count a single course toward two minors.
The following minors are available:
* Due to limited undergraduate credit offerings, you may need to enroll in graduate level courses to complete minor requirements.
To Choose a Minor:
- Submit a minor petition to the Office of ALB Advising and Program Administration.
- Maintain a B grade average in 16 Harvard credits in minor courses, with all B– grades or higher