Courses Designed for Impact
At Harvard Extension School, our courses are the cornerstone of our academic offerings.
You may choose to take a single course — perhaps to build a new skill, explore a passion, or prepare for graduate school. Or you may decide to take courses in pursuit of a degree or certificate. The choice is yours.
Our courses are open enrollment, requiring no application to enroll. Whatever your goal, you’ll find courses that balance academic rigor with flexibility and value.
1,000 courses in over 60 subjects
Harvard faculty and industry-leading professionals
Flexible course formats to fit your life
High-impact learning designed for real-world application
A global community of motivated lifelong learners just like you
Stackable pathways that can lead from a course to a certificate to a degree
Multiple Participation Options Offered Year-Round
We understand that you need flexible attendance options to balance school, career, and other life commitments.
We offer courses multiple times a year, with 3 participation options:
- Online synchronous
- Online asynchronous
- On campus
Learn more about our course participations options.
Full (15-week) and half (7-week) term courses between August and mid-December
3-week intensive courses
Full (15 week) and half (7 week) term courses from late January to mid-May
3- and 7-week options from June to August
Course Tuition Rates
|Credit Level||2023–24 Tuition for 4-Credit Courses|
($510 per credit)
($805 per credit)
Simply Enroll—No Application Required
To get started, simply follow these steps:
- Create a MyDCE account.
- Review our Enrollment Policies.
- Explore our course catalog.
- Understand our Enrollment Requirements and complete those applicable to you and your course of interest.
- Complete preregistration in MyDCE.
- Register for your course.
- Submit your payment by the payment deadline.
- Learn and connect!
Has it been a few years since you were in a classroom?
Returning to school as an adult student can be overwhelming. Our Harvard Extension Ready tool and Career and Academic Resource Center can help you prepare.
Harvard Extension Ready
Harvard Extension Ready is a series of online lessons on core writing skills. It is free, self-guided, and self-paced.
Learn more and get started with Harvard Extension Ready!
Career and Academic Resource Center (CARC)
CARC provides academic webinars covering a wide variety of study and research skills you’ll need to thrive at Harvard Extension School.
Whether you want to learn some effective note-taking strategies, prepare to give a presentation, or understand how to properly cite your sources in a midterm paper, you’ll find what you need in the online CARC resource library.
Visit the CARC website to explore all of these valuable resources and more.
Experience all that Harvard Extension Has to Offer
- Receive college credit. Harvard Extension courses are credit-bearing, can be applied to related Harvard Extension certificates and degrees, and may be transferable to other universities.
- Gain access to skill-building and career webinars, student resources, and Harvard University libraries.
- Develop a diverse network of peers like you—driven, experienced, and committed to growth.